Monday, June 14, 2010

What happened to us



Summary: After his on Derek Dorsett, James Neal is fighting to keep his relationship with Rebakah Murano together. Rebakah is scared that James will turn into his ex. Will both be able to work out the relationship together?

Based on the song "23" by Jimmy Eat World

11/19/2009 vs. The Columbus Blue Jackets
Dallas Stars Locker Room after the game

I felt for sure last night
At once we said goodbye
No one else will know these lonely dreams
No one else will know that part of me
Im still driving away
And Im sorry every day
I wont always love these selfish things
I wont always live...
Stop it...

James Neal looked at the empty locker room, waiting for the team to come inside, the fans were cheering in the arena, he knew that the team won without him. His mind was more on Derek Dorsett of the Columbus Blue Jackets than the game. He didn't mean to hurt him and knew that he was going to be suspended for the hit. He heard a few voices coming as he looked over and saw the team coming in, sitting at their respective lockers. He saw his girlfriend of a year, come in and go straight to her desk which was near the Stars' lockers. "Rebakah?"

"Yes," Rebakah replied.

"Can we talk when we get home?" James asked, hoping that Rebakah will say "yes" and not the other one.

"Yes, we can," Rebakah whispered as she got her camera and then sat down at her seat which was near James' locker.

"I am sorry," James whispered, sadly.

It was my turn to decide
I knew this was our time
No one else will have me like you do
No one else will have me, only you

Rebakah didn't reply as she was trying to figure out what to do with James. She couldn't believe what she did on the ice. He would never do that. What he did on the ice reminder her what her ex, Daniel Monroe did her when she lived in New York City.

"Are you okay?" Brenden asked.

"Somewhat. I am just thinking about my past with my abusive ex and then what James did to Dorsett, today," Rebakah answered.

"You are sacred that James might turn into him huh? Rebakah, James is not like your ex. He just made a mistake. A horrible one. Why don't you just talk to him? Maybe that will relieve the memories and everything that is bugging you."

"Yes, I am. Okay, I'll go talk to him. Thank you, Brenden," Rebakah said as she saw James come from the showers and went to his locker. He knew that James was waiting for him and that Marty was waiting for Brenden so that Brenden can drive Marty back to his place with his girlfriend, Gabby. She waited for James as h got dressed and packed up everything up in his bag before getting up and leaving with Rebakah to go home. They walked out of the parking lot and went into Rebakah's Black 2010 Ford Mustang as Rebakah drove home. The drive home was quiet with both of them not talking to one another.

Youll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
Im here and now Im ready
Holding on tight
Dont give away the end
The one thing that stays mine

Rebakah parked the car into the garage and got out with James and both got their stuff before Rebakah locked the door shut before walking into the house pass the living room where she toss the keys on a table by the couch and then headed to the bedroom with James following her closely behind. She put his bags down, took her jacket off as she tossed them on the chair besides the nightstand. She sat down as she put her hands through her medium brown wavy, curly hair and wonder what to say to Neal.

"Rebakah, please can we talk about what happened?" James asked, as he went down on his knees and held onto Rebakah's hand.

"I don't even know where to start on that one," Rebakah answered.

"Rebakah, I want you to know that I am sorry about the hit on Dorsett. I didn't mean it. I regret it," James whispered looking at Rebakah.

Amazing still it seems
Ill be 23
I wont always love what Ill never have
I wont always live in my regrets

"I can't believe you hit Dorsett from behind. What the hell where you thinking of?! You are never like this!" Rebakah yelled at him. What was going on through Nealer's mind?

"I don't know. I was trying to aim for someone else and I hit him instead with my elbow. I am so sorry. I regret hitting him and now I might be suspended. You know me better than anyone else, Rebakah. I would never mean it to hurt this guy intentionally. I am not that kind of player," James tried to explain to his angrt girlfriend. He knows that Rebakah is disappointed in him but he wants Rebakah to know that he is not that type of player on the ice but most importantly the best boyfriend off the ice. James wants Rebakah to know he would never hurt her.

"James, you are never going to learn, are you?

"Come on, Rebakah. I will learn from this lesson. You know me better than anyone else on this team."

"Do I?"

"Yes, you do. Come on, Rebakah. Can't you at least tell me what is going on in your mind? Please."

"Like you really care. All you care about is hockey and never about your relationship with me. You absolutely never care. Where were you when I was rehabbing my left knee from that serious car accident? Where were you when I needed you after the car accident? Where were you?!"'

Youll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
Im here and now Im ready
Holding on tight
Dont give away the end
The one thing that stays mine

"I do care, Rebakah. I do! I know I love the game but I love you more. I really do. I was so scared that you would push me away."

"James, I am not ready to be in this complicated relationship where many people think we are not going to make it as a couple. I can't take it anymore. I can't take you lying to me!"

"I am not lying, Rebakah. I am not. Please believe me this time. Don't let these people tell you who you can and can not date."

"But how can you believe that, James? I don't know where we're going to be from here," Rebakah whispers before she got up from the bed and walked away.

"Rebakah, please wait," James replied, getting up and following Rebakah as he went infront of the door before Rebakah could get away.

"James, get out of my way!" Rebakah screamed, tears streaming down her face before looking at James.

"Please, don't run away from this. I know I made a stupid mistake and I know you are scared my love. I am scared too, but I am never going to hurt you like your ex did to you. I am never going to leave you and my family loves you. They won't think you are a loser and they will think you are great and beautiful. I know you are. I don't mean to push you but I am scared I am going to hurt you like what your ex did to you," James confessed, wiping the tears from Rebakah's face.

"I am so scared. I know you will never hurt me, James. Please, promise me you won't push me away again."

"I won't, Rebakah. I promise but please, don't feel like you are alone in this baby, cause you are not and stop pushing me away too. I love you, okay and I am not going to be giving up on you or walk away from what we have just because of what people think. What we have is a once-in-a-lifetime shot to be happy with eachother. Together we can do it." He held his arms out to Rebakah as Rebakah went into them, relaxing and trying to not think about the what ifs and start thinking more about the present.

Youll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
Im here and now Im ready
Holding on tight
Dont give away the end
The one thing that stays mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment